Tanana Chiefs Conference(TCC) is an Alaska Native non-profit corporation, also organized as Dena' Nena' Henash or "Our Land Speaks". We work towards meeting the health and social service needs of Tribal members and beneficiaries throughout our region.
We are organized as Dena’ Nena’ Henash or “Our Land Speaks”; an Alaska Native non-profit corporation, charged with advancing Tribal self-determination and enhancing regional Native unity. We work toward meeting the health and social service needs of Tribal members and beneficiaries throughout our region. Our programs and services range from direct healthcare services to tribal development services, the management of natural resources, public safety, community planning and transportation.
Tanana Chiefs Conference provides a unified voice in advancing sovereign tribal governments through the promotion of physical and mental wellness, education, socioeconomic development, and culture of the Interior Alaska Native people.
- Trust – We earn the trust of those we serve.
- Resiliency – We value our self-identity and look to our history and cultures to adapt.
- Unified – We are strong, unified and coordinated in the advocacy and delivery of our services.
- Empathy – We provide services from the heart with the spirit of Ch’eghwtsen’ which includes unconditional love, forgiveness, compassion, dignity and respect.
- Listen – We are mindful and give our full attention – “Hear Me”.
- Ownership – We own our behaviors and the way we impact others.
- Voice – We stand up, advocate, educate and share our stories – Our Voice Matters.
- Excellence – We strive to provide world-class, accessible, and effective quality services while continuously improving to promote the mental, physical, spiritual and socioeconomic wellness of our people and communities now and into the future.